Chamonix is famous for Mont-Blanc and its snow and ice climbs, but during the summer months, it’s a whole different story. The snow melts and transforms the landscape into something else entirely. The perfect “Chamoniard” red granite, full of cracks, slabs and fantastic features, delights climbers of all skill levels.
In Chamonix, we have access to some of the best granite in the world, accessible to a lot of people with starting grades around 5a. There is such a wide range of routes that you can be picky and choose from a vast quantity and quality of routes in a variety of grades and lengths to fit your timeline and requirements. Many of the routes have lift access, which hugely cuts down the approach time, and allows you to get considerably high. This opens the door to many more options.
We are waiting for you this summer.
Programme from 2 to 6 days
There are several classic summer climbing areas : Aiguilles Rouges, Aiguilles de Chamonix, Envers des Aiguilles, the South Face of Aiguille du Midi, Grand Capucin… to name but a few. Get in touch to have a chat about where you might like to climb.
An example of a specific programme :
Here is an example of some classic climbs that could make up your programme. We recommend having a chat and getting to know each other so that together, we can design a personally adapted programme just for you.
- Day 1 : Aiguilles Rouges, Clocher de Planpraz : Cocher-Cochon 240m TD 6a (Night in Chamonix)
- Day 2 : Aiguilles de Chamonix, Aiguille de Blatière – Red Pillar : Nabot – Léon 200m TD 5c (Night in Chamonix)
- Day 3 : Glacier d’Argentière, Aiguille du Génépi : Mort de Rire 200m D + 5c (Night at the Refuge d’Argentière)
- Day 4 : Glacier d’Argentière, Aiguille du refuge : Le Gateau de Riz 200m D 4c (Night at the Refuge d’Argentière)
- Day 5 : Pointes Lachenal, East Face of Pointes Lachenal : Pollute 200m TD 6a (Night at the Cosmiques Hut)
- Day 6 : Aiguille du Midi, South Face of the Aiguille du Midi : Rébuffat-Baquet 250m TD 6a (night in Chamonix)
Required level : A good physical condition is required for all climbs and outings. The technical ability required will depend on the route. Our guides will be able to advise you directly.